Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI) is functioning as the apex organization of all kinds of packaging industries for the last many years. PIAI has integrated Packaging industries and allied Sector to explore emerging business opportunities and support for business Growth, Export Promotion, International Collaborations, Joint Ventures, Identify Advanced & patented Technology, channelising Investment, Import facilitation and Business Expansion & diversification.
Packaging Industry Association of India is providing assistance to Small, Medium and Large Companies for Domestic Business Growth, marketing & promotion of packaging products, equipment, machinery, materials and items at National and International markets. PIAI provides business networking platform for connectivity among manufacturers, exporters, importers, raw material suppliers, buyers, technology providers and end users to establish and enhance business contacts and business alliances. PIAI is playing important role to create awareness among enterprises about new & advanced technological developments, transformations and innovations in the field of Packaging sector for global competitiveness as well as promoting & branding unique products at domestic and global market.
Packaging Industry Association of India was founded by Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe, who is involved in packaging business and he is also the Founder & President of SME Chamber of India. He has been on the forefront to give suggestions, views, and recommendations to various Government departments for policy change & implementation, new schemes and incentives for the better business growth as well as resolve the issues with the concerned departments. PIAI is also doing regular research and the market survey of the sector to understand more about growth, issues, trends, threats, challenges, opportunities, hurdles and potentialities of the sector.
• Act the apex organization of Packaging Industry sector
• Empowerment of Packaging Industries for global competiveness
• Support for Domestic Business and Export Promotion
• Impart knowledge and expertise to packaging industry
• Improvement of quality standards for local & global Markets
• Suggestions for Policy Changes & Implementation
• Resolve issues of Packaging Industrial sector
• Organise Trade promotional activities
• Protect interest of Packaging Industries
As a serial and successful entrepreneur, Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe has taken initiatives to provide guidance and support to SME Sector, manufacturing industries, start-ups and new entrepreneurs for the enhancement of skill, scale and business growth for the last 35 years at the various platforms. He has founded SME Chamber of India in 1993 with the intention to empower SMEs for global competitiveness and explore emerging business opportunities at the domestic and international markets.
Under his dynamic leadership, the Chamber has been supporting SMEs for export promotion, channelising finance, investment, private equity & external commercial borrowings, international collaborations, contract manufacturing, joint ventures, technology transfer, supply and procurement, resolve issues and take up grievances with the appropriate authorities & regular interactions with the heads of regulatory authorities. The Chamber is encouraging SMEs to enter into capital market, awareness programs on the various schemes and incentives, interactions with the thought leaders and policy makers, branding of products manufactured by SMEs, support to set up manufacturing units in India and abroad, revival of sick and struggling SMEs. SME Chamber of India has been organising constantly various National & International level trade promotional activities, events, conferences, seminars, webinars, round table discussions, study visits for the benefit of SME sector, to enhance and establish business co-operation with the potential business partners.
He has also been instrumental to secure the interest of SME & manufacturing sector and to give more attention in “Ease of Doing Business” for providing level playing field, resolving instantly their issues and grievances, reviewing regularly rules & regulations of the various regulatory bodies, which are affecting the business operations & providing suggestions and recommendations for the policy change and its implementation by interacting with the Prime Minister, Union & State Ministers, Government officials and Heads of various regulatory authorities, financial institutions & corporates & other entities.
Mr. Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India had invited Mr. Salunkhe to share his mission and vision related to SME sector as well as to give suggestions & recommendations for the empowerment of SME sector and manufacturing industries on 27th December 2019. Mr. Salunkhe had also invited the then Prime Minister of India, late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee as a Chief Guest on 1st May 2002, to present Business Awards to the successful entrepreneurs. At this function, Mr. Salunkhe has strongly demanded for the change of definition of small-scale industries and pursued with Dr. Manmohan Singh, the then Prime Minister to introduce new MSME Act for enhancement of credibility of MSME Sector at the national and international levels.
He has also advocated to set up “SME Stock Exchange”, TReDS – Electronic platform for Trade Receivables, National Skill Development Corporation as well as to improve the credibility of small scale industries to change the definition of MSME sector in the years of 2002 & 2020 and insisted to set up separate SME Divisions in the various State Governments and SME Desk in the offices of various Indian Embassies, suggested to the Prime Minister to set up Start-up India platform in 2014 and pursued for the enhancement of limit of collateral free financial facilities for SME sector.
Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe is being involved in the family-owned business from 1982, after completion of his education in Commerce. He has established his own business group “Macro Group of Companies” in 1991, situated in Mumbai and involved in manufacturing, marketing and export of Packaging Machines, Equipments and material, capital goods, industrial products, processing food products, industrial electronic, electrical Equipments and supporting various Industries & SMEs for the upgradation of packaging units & adoption of the advanced packaging technology, patented and advanced industrial technologies.
Macro Group of companies
• Macro Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd.
• Salunkhe Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
• SME Industrial Park India Pvt. Ltd.
• Salunkhe Exports Pvt. Ltd.
• SME Credit Check Pvt. Ltd.
• Geoptech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Contribution and active involvement:
• Presented Plans and suggestions to Mr Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform SME sector for revival & better performance on 27 December 2019.
• Organised SME & Entrepreneurship function in the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 1st May, 2002 at New Delhi for MSME sector
• Member of RBI Governor’s Pre-Monetary Policy Review Committee
• Member of Industry and Task Force, Maharashtra, Chairmanship of Chief Minister (2002 – 2007)
• Member, RBI Empowered Committee for SMEs and SLIC for various states
• Member of National Advisory Board of MSME, Government of India (2011-2013)
• Board of Director of Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels Ltd. (2002 – 2004)
• Board of Director of Asia Mergers and Acquisitions Association
• Speaker at “European SME Congress” organized by European commission on October 2016 at Katowice, Poland.
• Speaker at “World Trade Symposium” annual conference organized by Financial Times in June 2016 at London.
• Speaker at G-20 Conference on SME sector at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014.
• Speaker at “SME Assembly” organized by European commission on November 2013 at Vilnius, Lithuania
• Inaugurated the “Industrial & Commercial Bank of China” – ICBC Bank, India Branch on 15th September 2011 at Mumbai. ICBC is the world’s largest bank, with brand value of US$ 47.8 billion. ICBC Bank ranks 13th amongst the most valuable financial brands.
• Initiated “India SME Excellence Awards” and “Pride of Maharashtra Awards”.
• Recommendation for setting up SME Stock Exchange during the tenure of Mr C B Bhave, as the Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2010.
• Recommendation and instrumental for setting up National Skill Development Corporation with Mr Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning commission of India.
• Organised SME & Entrepreneurship Awards function in the presence of Hon’ble Deputy Prime Minister Mr Lalkrishna Advani on 1st May, 2003 at New Delhi.
• Recommended to Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee, then Hon’ble Prime Minister in 2002 to change of the definition of Small Scale Industrial sector and to create new MSME Act.
• As the Chairman of Law & Order of “Federation of Association of Maharashtra”, took the initiative to improve deteriorated law and order situation of Mumbai in November, 1998.
• As the co-partner of Government of Maharashtra has organised “Advantage Maharashtra” the first ever Global investment grand event in 1996 at Mumbai.
Frequently travelling to USA, Canada, UK, Israel, various European Countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Singapore, Bahrain, UAE, South Africa, Oman, Mauritius, Qatar, Taiwan, Sri Lanka and GCC Countries. Member of various Government Committees, Study Groups and expert group to give inputs on Industry, Finance and SME Sector for the last 20 years.
Mr Chandrakant Salunkhe was instrumental in Family manged business from 1982 after completion of education in Commerce & Business Management and he has established his own “Macro Group of Companies” in 1991 at Mumbai. The group is involved in Manufacturing of Packaging Machines & Equipments, Packaging technology, supporting large corporate & SMEs for the development of Packaging unit, processing & operations with advanced technology, Exports, Distributorship and Marketing of Packaging machines, Capital Goods, Industrial Products, Electronic, Electricals and import facilitations as well as supporting Many SMEs to export their products.
Mr. Salunkhe can be contacted on : [email protected]
• Packaging Industry Directory
• Setting up group of manufactures and suppliers
• B2B platform to enhance business and partnership
• Identify advanced and patented technology for purgation of Packaging products and machines
• Marketing and branding at global level
• Setting up Packaging Industrial cluster zone & park
• Packaging Industry training Institute
•New schemes and Polices to empowerment of Packaging Industry